¿Buscando trabajo en Toronto?, mira estas ofertas16 de Septiembre de 2019 a las 20:44
Especialista en Reclamos de Complejos Residenciales (campo)
TD Insurance is part of TD Bank Group, one of Canada’s largest financial institutions. TD Insurance helps protect clients from the ‘accidents of life’ with a wide range of products including credit protection, life, health, travel, home and auto insurance. With more than three million clients, TD Insurance authorized products and services are available online, over the phone, and through a network of more than 1,000 TD Canada Trust branches.
The Complex Claims Specialist (Field) is responsible for the investigation, evaluation and timely resolution of complex claims which may involve litigation and environmental issues within their area of expertise and authority. Uses expert knowledge to handle complex, high risk claims that typically take in excess of 1 year to resolve. Will be required to meet clients/witness etc. to obtain statement and/or negotiate claims on site, as well as attend legal proceedings on behalf of TDI. This role contributes to the legendary customer experience by collaborating with internal and external partners while valuing speed and accuracy. The Complex Claims Advisor applies their technical knowledge to ensure all claims are appropriately reserved and resolved while mitigating risks and escalations.
• Meet or exceed the needs of the customer by adjusting claims in accordance to policy coverage with accuracy and speed.
• Pro-actively work collaboratively with internal and external partners to ensure a legendary customer experience in all interactions.
• Appropriately leverage external vendors, approved and non-approved.
• Share knowledge, expertise and provide advice to colleagues in order to recommend additional services / support / resources to the customer, where necessary
• Ensure customer problems are handled appropriately and escalating issues when necessary.
Develop and Manage the Team/Teamwork
• Contribute to a positive working environment.
• Demonstrate flexibility to be able to change activities based on customer and business needs.
• Actively participate in the performance management process.
• Meet professional/personal development objectives by utilizing learning maps and external courses as required.
• Engage in and complete all internal training required for the role.
• Actively participate in regular meetings and coaching sessions.
• Actively participate and/or lead peer coaching and training
• Provide guidance and technical support to colleagues.
• Contribute to the achievement of business objectives by meeting or exceeding individual and team goals
• Act as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) in their area of expertise to increase knowledge base within claims.
• Assess and mitigate risks and escalate as required
• Ensure accurate and timely reserving of claims
• Demonstrate the ability to apply claims management principles & procedures in order to manage claims costs and leakage
• Identify potentially fraudulent claims and handle according to organizational processes/procedures
• Meet claims service standards and works with claims management vendors to maintain the service standards
Internal Practices and Processes
• Contribute to the business objective for Operational Excellence by adhering to mandatory compliance and audit requirements
• Understand and apply business operation policies and procedures and legislation
• Be knowledgeable of and comply with company and industry codes of conduct
• Ensure necessary due diligence to support the accuracy of all insurance claims
• You possess excellent verbal/written communication skills.
• You have a pleasant and patient telephone manner.
• You have a superior client service orientation.
• You have excellent organization and time management skills.
• You have demonstrated your ability to function effectively in a fast-paced, multi-faceted environment.
• You have the ability to work independently while supporting a team environment.
• You have the ability to effectively deal with change and help foster an environment open to change.
• You possess strong typing and computer skills.
• You maintain a positive demeanour and foster team spirit.
• You have demonstrated good attendance and promptness.
• 10 years of claims experience, more would be an asset.
• Valid G Driver's License required
• Successful candidate must have a satisfactory MVR
• CIP/FCIP designation is an asset.
Work Location: 3650 Victoria Park Avenue
How to apply: http://tiny.cc/lg2tcz
Representante de Ventas Canadiense
We are the leading source of intelligent information for the world's businesses and professionals, providing customers with competitive advantage. Intelligent information is a unique synthesis of human intelligence, industry expertise and innovative technology that provides decision-makers with the knowledge to act, enabling them to make better decisions faster. We deliver this must-have insight to the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, intellectual property and science and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
This team player will seek out, identify, create and pursue new opportunities with our products/solutions in Canada to prospective Legal, Corporate, Tax & Accounting and HR customers. You will participate in customer-facing meetings and must demonstrate excellent communication and relationship-building skills, as well as proficiency in technology.
To be successful in this role, you will:
• Prospect, sell and build pipeline for Thomson Reuters Products and Solutions;
• Develop a strong understanding of our customers business and industry in order to meet new sales quota, drive revenue and achieve activity metrics;
• Drive new account/revenue acquisition through excellent researching, planning and execution of your sales plan which includes high levels of prospecting daily, following up on leads, middle of funnel management and closing bottom of funnel of opportunities daily;
• Develop multi-level relationships within existing accounts by understanding customer needs and pain points and offering exceptional service to the market; collaborating with sales leadership/marketing/segment teams to bring insight and strength of execution to each Go To Market campaign; and supporting customer retention strategies and product renewals;
• Develop and execute on a Strategic Sales Plan by reviewing existing accounts with a view to current services, future plans/trends, key competitors and their offerings; develop a strategy to approach the market and determine priorities in order to successfully achieve revenue targets;
• Conduct pre-demo qualifying calls/conversations, and conduct face-to-face/web-ex sales calls to demonstrate products and solutions, communicate value propositions and address customer pain points;
• Complete administrative tasks including: Reporting monthly, or as required, on all sales activities, market trends, competitor information and individual projects; weekly forecasting of sales; managing and reporting on all business expenses; attending, participating in and reporting on meetings, sales conferences, company sponsored training initiatives and relevant trade shows/conventions; and developing proposals to fit client needs
• Work within a CRM application (salesforce.com) to record daily activities and accurately forecast sales; and
• Organize time to achieve maximum market penetration.
You will be a strong customer-centric team player and will possess:
• A college or University degree;
• 3-5 years direct field sales experience with a proven, exemplary track record of sales quota overachievement;
• Strong business acumen, with experience and a track record in software sales;
• Consultative selling skills demonstrated though building credibility and trust in order to navigate a complex software and solutions sales cycle;
• Strong knowledge of and ability to effectively present products and value propositions;
• Active listening skills and flexibility to appropriately respond to new challenges;
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, including a numbers-oriented mindset, with the ability to accurately forecast;
• Superior communication and presentation skills;
• Exceptional interpersonal skills demonstrated through regular collaboration and communication within team and cross-functionally with other departments;
• Enthusiasm, energy, passion and curiosity, and a willingness to be open and adaptable to change;
• Strong technical/PC Skills including MS Office (especially MS Excel & PowerPoint); and
• The ability to work from home office and travel to customer locations (valid drivers license required) [50% travel required].
The following will be considered strong assets for success in this role:
• Knowledge of and/or experience in the legal, accounting, finance, and/or the HR market;
• Professional designation i.e. LLB;
• Bilingualism (French/English);
• Previous experience with Sales Effectiveness Methodologies and SalesForce.com; and
• Previous experience in a marketing capacity.
Thomson Reuters offers an environment that is both challenging and supportive, and we are proud to have been named one of Canadas Top 100 Employers from 2009 2017, a Best Workplace from 2006 2017, and a Great Place to Work for Women in 2015 and 2017. We consider work from home arrangements for people with a disability or specific accessibility needs. If requested, accommodation will be provided throughout the recruitment and assessment process.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
How to apply: http://tiny.cc/6s2tcz
Coordinador de Ventas Territoriales
Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference, within a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
Territory Sales Coordinators provide administrative and sales support for 2 or 3 Territory Wealth Management Sales Teams. As the third member of a wholesaling team that consists of a District Vice President and Business Development Manager (Internal Wholesaler), you will assist your teams in achieving a sales target. To do this, you will be required to develop a thorough understanding of the sales needs of each of your territories, participate in business development, and work directly with Advisors to fulfill requests. The Territory Sales Coordinator is an individual who demonstrates effective communication, organization and collaboration. They take initiative, problem solve and are results and team orientated. The position requires occasional travel for training, meetings, and execution of territory events.
Compliance & Cooperative Marketing Support
• Collaborate with Advisors, Manager and Compliance to administer dealer support requests, taking ownership of the cooperative marketing process from start to finish.
• For mutual fund requests, ensure compliance with National Instrument 81-105 Mutual Fund Sales Practice Rules by following Manulife Mutual Funds policies and procedures
• For non-mutual fund requests, ensure compliance with Manulife Investments Internal Sales Practice Guidelines
• Provide interpretation, guidance, education, and clarification of rules, regulations, and Manulife policies to Wholesaling Team (District Vice President and Business Development Manager) and Advisors.
• Communicate appropriate issues in a timely manner to Manager for resolution
Territory Budget Management
• Process, track, and maintain all territory expenses (e.g. cooperative marketing, travel & entertainment, Manulife Store promotional activities, etc.)
• Prepare and submit expense reports on behalf of District Vice Presidents via Manulifes Expense Management System (Concur).
• Process invoices and prepare cheque requisitions
• Provide alternatives/suggestions to create spending efficiencies and savings
• Complete a variety of office administrative duties for each territory, such as booking travel arrangements and ordering business cards, event tickets, and recognition/promotional items.
Marketing & Sales Reporting Support
• Coordinate and monitor prompt distribution of Advisor marketing material requests
• Act as your teams reporting specialist. Run daily, weekly, monthly and adhoc reports from SalesForce.com for territory sales analysis
• Participate in the development, monitoring, and execution of the Territory Business Plan
• Act as a conduit to all sales and marketing activities to ensure maximum impact in the sales territory by championing service issues, preparing District Vice Presidents for meetings and presentations (e.g. running asset reports), and coordinating advisor recognition
• Assist Wholesaling teams by scheduling and confirming branch presentation when necessary and booking Advisor meetings.
• Build relationships and collaborate with key partners across the organization to facilitate Sales Team and Advisor requests (i.e. Compliance, Client Services, Marketing, Events, Product, etc.)
• Maintain current Advisor records in SalesForce.com (i.e. maintain expenses, marketing materials, recognition records, etc.)
• Respond to basic inquiries from Advisors
Utilize and Leverage Technology
• Understand and become proficient in the functionality and features of the ExactTarget mass email application and SalesForce.com.
• Utilize ExactTarget to manage email distribution lists, run tracking report to analyze recipient open and click rate and organize and execute e-marketing campaigns on behalf of territories.
• Adhere to Canada Anti-Spam Legislation (CASL) when sending e-marketing campaigns (e-blasts).
• Collaborate with Digital Marketing and Sales Technology team to facilitate e-marketing campaigns and create templates.
• Manage Wholesaling teams weekly distributions lists and e-marketing campaign strategy.
• Utilize Excel to produce reports for sales analysis (Pivot Tables, V Look Ups, Marcos)
• Leverage technology to create efficiencies within your territory and overall sales team.
Advisor Meetings/Small Events
• Assist your Wholesaling teams in strengthening relationships with Advisors through planning and organizing educational and business promotional events/activities, including branch meetings, portfolio manager trips and conference calls.
• Tasks may include: organizing catering, making reservations, creating and distributing invitations, preparing and sending out marketing materials and promotional items, and applying for Continuing Education (CE) credits
• Assist the Management and Events Team with national and regional events and initiatives.
• Coordinate and prepare weekly team meeting with each territory team
• Process and coordinator teams Portfolio Manager Access Requests and Briefing Documents in an accurate and efficient manner.
• On-site execution of territory and national events (may include occasional weekends and overnight stays)
• You will be expected to present a professional image while negotiating the demands of on-site events which include long hours, tight time frames, multiple tasks, and responsibility for many deliverables
• Demonstrates a beginner level of knowledge in mutual funds, segregated funds and capital markets.
• Understands the advisory channels: IIROC, MFDA and MGA.
• Assist Wholesaling team with producing illustrations, product proposals and fund comparisons.
Job Requirements (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Competencies):
• Post-secondary education is required.
• Canadian Securities Course (CSC) or IFIC course is considered an asset
• Strong interpersonal, communication and relationship management skills
• Strong PC skills with experience using Microsoft Office, especially Word and Excel; ability to learn new technologies quickly
• Familiar with Customer Relationship Management tools and Mass Email Applications.
• Experience in Mutual Fund business or brokerage/financial planning industry is an asset
• Ability to balance multiple priorities while maintaining a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
• Flexible and adaptable when dealing with change, including changing priorities and tight deadlines
• Strong problem solving skills and analytical skills; ability to investigate problems without supervision
• Fast learner and self-starter, who takes initiative and thrives in a fast-paced work environment
• Demonstrate tact and professionalism and maintain confidentiality
• Bilingualism required for positions based in Montreal (English/French)
Scope (Dimensions & Organizational Impact):
• Works closely with District Vice President and Business Development Manager (Internal Wholesaler) to build and maintain Advisor relationships
• Supports District Vice President in all activities to reach sales targets and business plan goals; assists in tracking progress against business plan
• Works to ensure territory events are compliant with National Instrument - NI 81-105
• Works with Advisors to ensure their co-operative marketing support requests are compliant with NI 81-105, as well as Manulife guidelines and policies
• Implements and executes existing and new/enhanced sales practices guidelines, business processes, and procedures
How to apply: http://tiny.cc/762tcz
Ayudante de Conductor - North York Area
We are hiring part-time employees to work out of the North York area and assist UPS Drivers in delivering packages. NO DRIVING NECESSARY!
• Must be available on-call between the hours of 10:00AM - 7:00PM, Monday to Friday to work for 3 to 5 hours daily
• Must be able to lift up to 70 lbs. unassisted
• Must be able to work outside in all weather conditions
• Must comply with the UPS appearance guidelines
• Must be able to deliver packages by means of walking
• Attractive hourly wage: $19.85/ hour.
Wage Break down: Base rate of $14/ hour. Between October 5th 2019 to January 18th 2020, an additional hourly bonus of $5.85 per hour will be paid during this period, on top of your regular hourly base pay.
• Weekly pay
• Paid training
• You will be working around your home
• Opportunities for advancement within a Fortune 500 company
• Immediate access to 'UPS Employee Discount' program upon hire
The duration of the contract is until the end of December 2019 with a possibility of extension. There will be no work on weekends and on statutory holidays. Candidates from close areas willing to work in North York are welcome to apply.
UPS Canada is a diverse and equal opportunity employer. Please advise our HR representatives if a workplace accommodation is needed. Thank you for your interest in UPS Canada
Apply here: http://tiny.cc/tf3tcz
Manejo y Clasificación de Paquetes – Turno de la tarde
This is a permanent part-time opportunity that offers full benefits, tuition reimbursement, training and career growth. In this general labor type of role, you will be responsible for loading, unloading, shipping, receiving, and stocking packages inside trailers within a warehouse environment.
• Learning and properly executing UPS package handling methods
• Loading and unloading UPS packages into trailers or package cars
• Ability to lift up to 70 lbs. unassisted
• Full availability to work Monday to Friday from 5:30 PM 11:00 PM (3-5 hours daily) in a fast paced environment
• Warehouse experience is an asset
• Starting wage $15.85 ((Starting base wage $14.00 and Hourly Bonus of $1.85) per hour and an automatic progression up to $23.76.
• Tuition reimbursement up to $6,000 per year + $300 for course material (books)
• Health and dental benefits provided after one year of service
• Employee Referral Bonus Program ($550 per a referred Package Handler)
• Immediate access to UPS Employee Discounts upon hiring
• Paid training
• Opportunity for advancement within a Fortune 50 Company
• Free parking
• 2900 Steeles Ave West, L4K 3S2 (Jane & Steeles) TTC accessible (we are located right beside Pioneer Village Subway Station).
Apply here: http://tiny.cc/op3tcz
Asesor de Servicio de Alimentos (Petro-Canada)
JOB NUMBER: 29863
Why you should join us:
Do you have Quick Service Restaurant (QSR) and/or food safety experience? Are you great at mentoring and counselling retail operators and staff in all aspects of food service? If so, we have a unique opportunity for you to help us execute key retail food operating standards and procedures while ensuring safety expectations at 15 of our food service locations. The focus is branded QSRs with some additional attention to food service-related issues and opportunities in our corporate Petro-Canada retail locations.
You will use your expertise to:
• Oversee compliance to food safety, required operating procedures and restaurant execution to established benchmarks including, Cost of Goods Sold (COGS), inventory, labour and scheduling, guest complaints, execution of marketing programs, and the overall business growth strategy
• Coach and council on financial and operational objectives for the territory through off-site (with retail business managers) and on-site reviews (with site operators), and develop corrective action plans or capability gap closure
• Build and manage relationships with our retail licensees (operators) and retail business managers
• Support retail operations with new restaurant openings, site reimaging and operator changes
• Act as a representative within regional franchisee councils
• Operationalize safety initiatives
• Build internal team knowledge of operational performance and compliance
Wed like to review your application if you have
Must-haves (minimum requirements):
• Five years of leadership experience in a multi-unit retail operations environment
• Bachelors degree, preferably in business, commerce, finance, or economics
• A valid drivers license and a clean driving record
• Proven proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
• The ability to work autonomously and independently to schedule and prioritize required audit compliance and coaching opportunities with operators
• Great communication and your present ideas, deliver presentations and build positive relationships throughout all levels of an organization
• highly developed interpersonal and non-authoritative leadership skills
• Well-developed and proven problem solving and decision-making skills
• Alignment with our values of: safety above all else, respect, raise the bar, commitments matter and do the right thing
• Bilingual (English and French) please submit your resume in English
• Experience in the quick service restaurant industry
• The ability to coach and understand key food safety and profit and loss measures
Where you’ll be working, your work schedule, and other meaningful information:
• You will work out of your home office
• Hours of work are a regular 40-hour work week, Monday to Friday, with the potential for extended work hours based on business needs
• Out of province travel may be required with the potential for some overnight travel; a company vehicle will be provided
We are Canada's leading integrated energy company with a business portfolio that includes oil sands development and upgrading, offshore oil and gas production, petroleum refining, and product marketing under the Petro-Canada brand. Our global presence offers rewarding opportunities for you to learn, contribute, and grow in a variety of career-building positions. We live by the value of safety above all else do it safely, or dont do it. Our strong track record of growth and a focus on sustainability mean tremendous potential for the future. Learn about our mission, vision and values.
In addition to rewarding job opportunities, we offer an attractive employee package, including:
• Competitive base salary, compensation programs, and an annual incentive program
• Flexible benefits package
• Rewarding pension and savings plans
Stay connected to us:
• Follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter for the latest job postings and news
• Join our Talent Community and sign up to receive customized job alerts
• Read our Suncor Connections newsletter to see what were doing in the communities we live and work in
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from all qualified individuals. We are committed to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment where every employee feels valued and respected. We will consider accessibility accommodations to applicants upon request. Check out our social goal to learn how we are working to build greater mutual trust and respect with the Indigenous Peoples in Canada.
Please note that our job postings are typically open for two weeks, so don't delay, apply now.
Apply here: http://tiny.cc/sd4tcz
Cocinero de línea - Kelseys
• Ensure the quality of food being prepared is to recipe standard each and every time
• Items are produced quickly and efficiently with pride and attention to detail
• Keep the work area, utensils and production equipment clean and sanitized
• Re-stock items as needed while on duty
• Perform all opening, closing and cleaning tasks as instructed
• Adhere to Health and Safety policies and procedures outlined in the Health and Safety Program
• Follow safe food handling procedures at all times
• Previous experience cooking and handling food in a high-volume, casual dining restaurant is an asset
• Excellent communication and organizational skills
• Positive attitude and willingness to learn
• This position may include lifting of items up to 50 lbs.
• Able to work flexible shifts - evenings and weekends
• Excellent team work and communication skills
As part of our accessibility commitment, there are alternative ways to interview with us. Please inform us if you require interview accommodation.
Please note that any offer of employment may be subject to reference checks and background checks, including a criminal record check as part of the selection process.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
• Flexible scheduling
• Competitive wages
• A complimentary Management Meal during every shift
• 20% employee discount dining card valid at all Recipe brands
• Growth and advancement opportunities within the restaurant
• Career advancement opportunities in a company that has more than 1,400 restaurants across Canada
Apply here: http://tiny.cc/en4tcz
Flexible Personal para trabajar de día a tiempo completo
You are trustworthy and have trust in others. You find joy in the details and believe good quality is what keeps guests coming back. You remain cool, calm and collected under pressure. You understand there is no “I” in team and thrive in social situations. You get that service isn’t a transaction. It’s about connection. That a smile can make all the difference in someone’s day. It’s genuine, and it’s who you are.
• Making people’s day on all fronts: Greeting people, taking orders and satisfying McCravings.
• Preparing food and keeping our world famous burgers and fries, world famous.
• Processing payments. Working cash, working your smile.
• Package take-out food. But no sneaking fries…we know they’re everybody’s favourite!
• Fridge management. Okay, it’s stocking the fridge, but it’s really important when you serve the world’s most popular burger
Apply here: http://tiny.cc/5v4tcz
Vendedor de Comestibles
Requisition ID: 55292
The Grocery Clerk is responsible for carrying out the full range of duties of the position in a professional, responsible, accurate and timely fashion. The Clerk will deliver exceptional customer service, foster customer loyalty, fulfill customer needs and actively contribute to an environment of employee and customer engagement.
• Adhere to all Food Safety Protocols, Standard Operating Procedures, Health and Safety, corporate policies, and other programs and initiatives
• Provide customer service to meet customer needs
• Keep work area clean and presentable
• Process Grocery orders
• Perform program execution and merchandising of product
• Perform retail floor maintenance
• Maintain back shop
• Receive warehouse orders
• Increase store sales by actively promoting products
• Participate in the training of junior staff
• Order and receive stock in accordance with company inventory control procedures as required
• Process department shrink
• Maintain a clean and safe working environment as per Company requirements
• Other duties as required
• Additional duties for receiving shifts (as authorized and scheduled by management
• Receive, unload and verify load and bill of lading against truck schedule for all incoming product
• Tag and mark each pallet and complete receiving paperwork as assigned (shrink reports, claims)
• Compare packing slips to goods and key product information into SAP system
• Ensure equipment is in good working order by reporting any unsafe equipment or conditions
• Provide internal customer service by effectively communicating with store management / staff and providing updates on shipments as requested
• Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
Sobeys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process.
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
Apply here: http://tiny.cc/034tcz