¿Buscando trabajo en Toronto?, mira estas ofertas02 de Septiembre de 2019 a las 16:20
Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
Performing one of aviation's most important roles, flight dispatchers share with pilots the ultimate responsibility for a flight's safe commencement and completion under a Type A Operational Control System.
• Responsible for developing, reviewing, authorizing, issuing and revising, as required, Operational Flight Plans, on a co-authority basis with the Pilot In Command.
• Performing Operational Flight Watch and for determining if changes to operational and meteorological conditions may affect the safety of flights within a prescribed area or on assigned routes, and for communicating those changes to the pilot-in-command, as required.
• Analyzing operational conditions and identifying any opportunities that may benefit, constrain or impede operational capabilities, inclusive of, but not limited to, weather, facilities, Air Traffic Control, and aircraft performance.
• Communicating to Air Traffic Control Services all Operational Flight Plan requirements.
• Ensuring that all aircraft are dispatched in accordance with the provisions set out in the Aircraft Operating Manual, Minimum Equipment List, Flight Operations/Flight Dispatch Manual and governing Regulations.
• Ensure that the pilot-in-command is furnished while en route, by appropriate means, with all information that may be necessary for the safe conduct of the flight.
• Maintain a thorough knowledge of the serviceability of airports, runways, airways and navigational aids used by the Company for assigned workload areas. Maintain a thorough knowledge of all applicable Company publications, including the Flight Dispatch Manual, Flight Operations Manual and Jeppesen Enroute and Airport Charts.
• Soliciting, interpreting, and maintaining current flight and field condition reports to provide flight crews with the latest operational information.
• Communication with the Chief Duty Dispatcher and other positions within System Operations Control to ensure that adequate information flow is maintained with respect to any beneficial or operational problems associated with flights or operating areas.
• Communicating information to the Chief Duty Dispatcher with regard to Incidents and / or Categories as per the Flight Dispatch Manual and the Emergency Response Manual.
• Perform duties in accordance with established policies and procedures while giving primary consideration to personal safety, the safety of coworkers and customers.
• All Air Canada Flight Dispatchers are required to be qualified in accordance with CAR 705 and CASS 725.
• Must be at least 21 years of age.
• Hold a radiotelephone operator's restricted certificate.
• Have a current valid passport.
• Good decision-making ability in high pressure situations.
• Strong interpersonal, communication and organization skills.
• Demonstrated ability to keep and monitor records effectively.
• Capable of working under pressure without close supervision.
• Experience with conflict resolution and problem solving.
• Previous airline operational experience, an asset.
• Must work shifts, including midnights.
• Good communication skills, verbal and written.
• Proficiency with PC (Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint)an asset.
• Post secondary education is an asset.
• Employees in this role, conduct safety-critical work and as such, Air Canada medical standards must be met in order to qualify for the role. Candidates will be subject to a medical evaluation, including a drug and alcohol test and are expected to be free of any intoxicating substances.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted
Apply Here: http://tiny.cc/1xa1bz
Software Developer Engineer - Amazon
SDE, Multi-lingual Ad Technologies and International Expansion
When done correctly, advertising allows customers to discover new products they love and brands to find new customers. Revenues generated from advertising allow us to decrease costs for our customers: save $20 when you buy a Kindle with ads customized for you. It's a win for our customers, a win for our advertisers and a win for Amazon. Amazon is investing heavily in building a world class advertising business and we are responsible for defining and delivering a collection of self-service performance advertising products that drive discovery and sales.
Multi Lingual Ad Technologies (M-LAT) team builds platform and tools to help our diverse group of advertisers quickly create multi-lingual Ad campaigns and Store fronts that enable them to reach a global audience both on and off Amazon websites. Our bold vision is to enable advertisers to create and launch global Ad campaigns in the time it takes a barista to make a coffee. This system will cover entire spectrum of Amazon's Advertising products and offerings. In this role, you will build a multi-channel and multi-lingual Ad builder system that connects technology, data, machine learning, human translators and marketing assets to deliver the best in class experience to our advertisers. You will use ideas from every facet of computer science including distributed computing, large-scale design, big and real-time data processing, data storage, service oriented architecture, machine learning, and artificial intelligence.
We are looking for folks with solid analytical, design and problem diagnosis skills, expertise with systems programming, high-performance applications, distributed systems or service design is a plus. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to tackle new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward. With your technical expertise you will manage individual projects priorities, deadlines and deliverables. You will design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and enhance software solutions.
• Highly analytical: You solve problems in ways that can be backed up with verifiable data. You focus on driving processes, tools, and statistical methods which support rational decision-making.
• Technically fearless: You aren't satisfied by performing 'as expected' and push the limits past conventional boundaries.
• Team obsessed: You help grow your team members to achieve outstanding results. You foster the creative atmosphere to let engineers innovate, while holding them accountable for making smart decisions and delivering results.
• Humbitious: You’re ambitious, yet humble. You recognize that there’s always opportunity for improvement and use introspection and feedback from teammates and peers to raise the bar for your team.
• Engaged by ambiguity: You're able to explore new problem spaces with unique constraints and thus non-obvious solutions; you’re quick to identify any gaps in the team and the right person to fill them to best deliver value to customers.
• Own technical vision and direction: You identify problems and develop solutions; you embrace performance metrics and measurement techniques because they help you assess how well system-related services are running.
• Collaborate on product direction: You’ll build and maintain strong relationships between engineering and partner disciplines (Product, User Experience, QA) to ensure that we're focused on delivering the right product for customers.
• Own your own shop: Our products reach hundreds of millions of customers around the world. We run operations 24x7x365 and the services your team delivers must meet high standards for operational excellence. Our teams own and operate the systems we build.
• Expert knowledge of one of the following programming languages: Java, C and C++
• 3+ years of hands on experience in software development, including design, implementation, debugging, and support, building scalable system software and/or Services
• Deep understanding of distributed systems and web services technology
• Strong at applying data structures, algorithms, and object oriented design, to solve challenging problems
• Experience working with REST and RPC service patterns and other client/server interaction models
• Track record of building and delivering mission critical, 24x7 production software systems
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
• Advanced Degree (MS/ME/PhD) in computer science or related discipline or 4+ years of relevant industry experience
• Expertise in Map/Reduce systems such as Hadoop / Hive / Flume
• Experience in Machine learning or web crawling
• Familiarity with Pay for performance Ad model and the Internet advertisement industry is a plus
• Experience in taking a lead role developing complex software systems that have successfully been delivered to customers
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing and operations
• Demonstrated ability to mentor other software developers in all aspects of their engineering skillsets
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, product strategy and influence outcomes in technical decision-making
• Solid understanding of performance and efficiency with a strong customer focus
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Company - AMZN CAN Fulfillment Svcs, ULC Job ID: A916324
Apply Here: http://tiny.cc/60a1bz
IT Help Desk (1st Level)
IBI Group’s corporate IT team is currently seeking a great IT System Administrator to join our support team to assist users on-site and in remote offices across IBI Group with application, troubleshooting Windows or other system problems, installing software, and maintaining printers. Based out of our Toronto Campus office located conveniently within 5minutes of St Clair subway station, your primary responsibility will be supporting users in their daily tasks to ensure that a reliable and robust IT platform is available to all. A high customer service focus is critical in the role, and a strong technical skillset is a must. You will be expected to provide phone, email and in-person support related to first level IT.
The successful candidate will be able to not only work independently but also work collaboratively within the team with initiatives to achieve wider goals when required. The ability to work towards defined corporate standards whilst offering suggestion for continued improvement is also an important part of the role. You will have the opportunity to work within a great collaborative team and develop your experience and get exposure to an array of IT related issues at the corporate level.
What You Will Be Doing:
• Provide Phone/Email/On-Site support to local and remote offices;
• Work as a member of a centralized IT support team;
• Utilize the IT ticketing system to communicate with end user, while providing prompt response and timely resolution;
• Responsible for maintenance, repairs and installations;
• Responsible for inventory, routine and preventive maintenance tasks;
• Assist internal users experiencing operational, hardware, or network connectivity problems with their computer systems and provide basic support for the office productivity software used within the organization;
• Perform upgrades, repairs and preventive maintenance on desktops, printers, and other equipment;
• Verifies data integrity of backup and restore systems;
• Responsible for maintaining phone and voicemail system; and
• Update knowledge and skills to keep up with rapid advancements in computer technology
Apply here: http://tiny.cc/o4a1bz
What is Instacart?
Imagine if your work day consisted of going out for groceries. Now stop imagining it! Because that’s just what Instacart is all about!
As a shopper, you’ll shop and provide groceries to homes everywhere in Toronto!
Working with Instacart in Toronto
Working with Instacart, you’ll enjoy one of the most flexible jobs available in Toronto today, all while delivering food from grocery stores to homes all around the city. Not only will you work completely at your own pace, but Instacart offers you the freedom to choose your own hours and days off as well!
You will receive directions on Instacart’s app and receive your salary once a week. Just Log on to the app, go online and start taking tasks to carry out around Toronto!
Also, one advice from us:
We suggest that you also work Saturdays and Sundays to increase the amounts you make!
How much Instacart pays in Toronto
You could make $15 per hour on average!
How do I apply for Instacart in Toronto?
Sign up on Instacart’s website. You will submit basic information about yourself. The Instacart team will get in touch shortly to briefly discuss details, and answer any questions you might have. Finally you’ll have to download and install Instacart shopper app to manage your gigs
Apply here: http://tiny.cc/98a1bz
Location Etobicoke, ON
Salary $25 Hour for 30 to 48 hours per week
Shift, Flexible Hours
Start date As soon as possible
Education: Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
Experience: 1 year to less than 2 years
Inspect sites or facilities to ensure safety and cleanliness standards; Establish work schedules; Co-ordinate work activities with other departments; Assist cleaners in performing duties; Supervise and co-ordinate activities of workers; Recommend or arrange for additional maintenance services
Prepare budget and cost estimates; Maintain financial records; Hire and train or arrange for training of cleaning staff
Hotel, motel, resort
Specialized cleaners; Light duty cleaners; Janitors, caretakers and building superintendents
Security and Safety
Criminal record check; Basic security clearance
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
Fast-paced environment; Repetitive tasks; Physically demanding; Combination of sitting, standing, walking
Ability to Supervise
Work Location Information
Relocation costs covered by employer
Effective interpersonal skills; Flexibility; Dependability; Reliability
How to apply: By email: email@example.com
Assists the Team Leader in all aspects of daily operations including profitability, expense control, buying, merchandising, labor, regulatory compliance and special projects as assigned. Leads and develops Team Members. All Whole Foods Market Retail jobs require ensuring a positive company image by providing courteous, friendly, and efficient service to customers and Team Members at all times. All positions must be performed in accordance with team and store Standard Operating Procedures. Further, Team Members must be prepared and able to perform the duties inherent in other Team Member job descriptions. All positions must strive to support WFM core values and goals, promote national, regional, and store programs and initiatives, and ensure adherence to all applicable health and safety regulations including Food Safety and regulatory duties required in the department.
• Develops and maintains creative store layout and product merchandising.
• Works with Team Leader to achieve sales, purchasing, and labor targets.
• Assists Team Leader in analysis of sales, reports, and labor.
• Assists team leader in annual sales and expense projections and budget preparation.
• Assists team leader with ordering and inventory management.
• Works with Team Leader to resolve team concerns or issues.
• Functions as point person and departmental person in charge in absence of Team Leader.
• Sets and achieves the highest standards of retail execution.
• Fosters and encourages a positive environment of outstanding teamwork, mutual respect, and exceptional morale.
• Maintains awareness of customer flows and needs and directs Team Members as necessary to satisfy and delight customers; responds promptly to customer needs and questions.
• Selects, trains, develops, mentors, motivates, and counsels Team Members in a manner that sustains a high-performance team and minimizes turnover.
• Communicates and maintains Team Member safety and security standards.
• Provides timely, thorough, and thoughtful performance evaluations.
• Consistently communicates and models WFM vision and goals.
• High energy, enthusiastic, and displays an affinity for our products, core values, and company philosophy.
• Extensive knowledge of Specialty products.
• Growth mindset towards greater responsibility and ownership.
• Desire to coach and mentor others for growth.
• Excellent interpersonal, motivational, team building, and customer relationship skills.
• Capable of teaching others in a positive and constructive manner.
• Thorough product knowledge.
• Advanced knowledge of regulatory and safety policies and procedures.
• Proficient mathematical skills for assessing financial performance, monitoring profitability, and managing inventory.
• Demonstrated decision-making ability, leadership skills, and ability to prioritize and delegate.
• Proficiency with email, Microsoft Office, and operations-related applications.
• 18+ months retail Team Member experience and 6+ months of supervisory experience.
Physical Requirements / Working Conditions
• Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
• In an 8-hour work day: standing/walking 6-8 hours.
• Hand use: single grasping, fine manipulation, pushing and pulling.
• Work requires the following motions: bending, twisting, squatting and reaching.
• Exposure to FDA approved cleaning chemicals.
• Exposure to temperatures: <32 degrees Fahrenheit (freezing), 32-40 degrees Fahrenheit (refrigerators), >90 degrees Fahrenheit.
• Ability to work in a wet and cold environment.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays as needed.
• Ability to use tools and equipment, including box cutters, electric pallet jacks, and other heavy machinery.
• Where applicable, TIPS (Training for Intervention Procedures by Servers of Alcohol) course completion required and must be age 18 years of age or older to serve alcohol.
Apply here: http://tiny.cc/73b1bz
Location Mississauga, ON L5M2P3
Salary$$14.25 hourly for 15 to 30 hours per week
Part time leading to full time
Day, Evening, Night, Weekend, Shift, Flexible Hours, Early Morning, Morning
Security and Safety
Driver's validity licence check; Driving record check (abstract); Criminal record check
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
Fast-paced environment; Attention to detail
Flexibility; Team player; Dependability; Reliability
How to apply: https://careers.enterprise.ca/ or http://tiny.cc/oac1bz
Location Concord, ON
Salary$$17 to $19 per hour for 40 hours per week
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate or equivalent experience
Experience: 1 year to less than 2 years
Unpack goods received; Record shortages and reject damaged goods; Prepare bills of lading, invoices and other shipping documents; Pack goods to be shipped; Oversee loading and unloading of goods; Inspect and verify incoming goods against invoices or other documents; Determine method of shipment; Affix identifying information and shipping instructions on shipments
Business Equipment and Computer Applications
MS Excel; Database software
Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
Security and Safety
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
Attention to detail; Standing for extended periods; Bending, crouching, kneeling
Work Location Information
Effective interpersonal skills; Team player; Excellent oral communication; Dependability; Reliability; Organized
How to apply: by email firstname.lastname@example.org